Tuesday, July 30, 2013

MOM FILES: YOU BROKE MY NOSE!

Ok, no one broke my nose, but I sure thought it was broken. Ever been head butted by a toddler? No? I envy you. It amazes me how these precious little children have rock hard heads. One night while I was in a deep sleep, probably dreaming of a pristine home and well mannered children, I was rudely interrupted by a pain like no other. I was a victim of a night time toddler head butting. The pain was indescribable. Ok, it was like someone hitting a gong in your head while someone else hits you in the face with a bat while someone else shines the sun at its highest point in your face. It hurt so bad, I couldn't even cry.  I just knew, any moment now, my nose was going to open the floodgates for the crimson tide. It never came. I also knew that rings were starting to form under my eyes which would further prove my case. That also didn't happen. It really took everything in me not to throw my toddler across the room. My husband barely noticed. The next morning when I went to brush my teeth, my sinuses felt like someone lit a fire in them. You ever burp after drinking a soda and it burns in your nose? Imagine that magnified  x100! It was the absolute worst experience of my life, so far. Perhaps I should have made this a parenting tip. My tip is to sleep with a helmet on if you plan on allowing your toddler to occupy your bed at night and you have a habit of sleeping on your back!

Have you ever been assaulted by your toddler? Please share. Misery loves company LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome