Sunday, July 21, 2013

DIY: KIDS DESK MADE FABULOUS!








I found this desk at a yard sale and I couldn't resist. I've been trying to find the perfect desk for my kids room and when I saw this I had to have it. I knew I needed to sand it first. Home depot didn't carry the type of sander I needed, but they recommended a place by my house that has all kinds of tools for rent called quality equipment rentals. They were kind enough to show how to use it because I didn't have a clue. I didn't bother using a primer because the paint I was using, Behr, said it was a paint a primer all in one. I just bought a few of sample sizes since they were only about $3. I ended using 3 of those sample jars total. My sister in law thinks I should change the knobs, but they came with the desk and I was trying to keep the cost as low as possible. I really like how this desk turned out. Makes me want to play around more with paint and furniture. I know it's not perfect, but I'm definitely proud of it anyway. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome