Sunday, April 14, 2013

DREAD LOCKS!!!!!!


                           






So I thought I was going through a special journey in my life and decided to lock my hair.  I call myself following in my parents footsteps. I imagined myself with long locks flowing down to my knees. I felt like I was finally able to wear hats too, weird, I know. It was fun, even though some people disagreed with my decision.  Some of my coworkers thought my hair looked awesome and felt inspired by it. Both my mother and my mother-in-law were so excited that I was doing this. Unfortunately, they didn't last a full seven days.  Apparently a lot of people knew this would happen, myself not included.  My scalp was so itchy, I just knew I was going to scratch my scalp off! I remember reading a blog where a young lady mentions being wary of locking your hair if you have an itchy scalp seeing as how you need to prolong washing your hair to allow it to lock.  All in all, I thought it was a great experience, but there are definitely things that one needs to consider before taking the plunge. RIP to my dreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome