Saturday, August 8, 2015

SPLASHING UNAPOLOGETICALLY

During my family vacation in Palm Springs, I noticed that I kept apologizing for my kids splashing people or constantly saying "watch out!" On our last day, I was lounging with my mom in the pool as my little one splashed around and she told him to watch out and apologized to the people. I looked at her and said, "Do you notice no one else is saying anything to their kids?" Everyone was just allowing their kids to be kids. From that point on, I made a vow not to stop my kids from doing what kids do in pools, SPLASH! Why should my kids bare the burden of monitoring their behavior because I think it might upset someone else? If they are in a kid friendly environment, let them have the privilege of doing kid stuff as long as it won't cause harm to anyone else. Lesson, learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome