Saturday, May 11, 2013

DREAM SERIES: CHARLES RAMSEY WANNABE

I want to preface this by saying I believe all of these people being found that were kidnapped years ago is taking a toll on my psyche.

It was night time and the kids had just had their baths.  For some reason, Andy decided to run outside completely naked and giggling.  Daniel quickly took chase because we were concerned about him getting sick. Unfortunately, that wouldn't be the worst of our worries. To our surprise, there were a group of older black people that were ready to attack.  The men quickly knocked Daniel down while the women snatched Andy. I start to run towards the women when all of a sudden, my feet were stuck to the ground.  No matter how hard I tried to pull my legs up, my feet wouldn't budge. And just like that, my baby was gone.  By some miracle we were finally able to move again and I just followed the direction in which they went. Didn't take long to find them, I guess dream world time goes fast.  It was daytime so I'm assuming this was the next day.  Of course, the group put up a fight.  The men quickly rushed me and started trying to hit me.  All of a sudden I must have become a master street fighter because I was able to knock them all out of the picture.  Upon rescuing my son, I realized they were in the middle of taking two more kids, a girl and a boy.  the girl broke free and ran home I assumed.  I grabbed the boy and headed home.  While we were walking home, yes we were walking, he told me how abusive they were and I told him he was safe now.  By some miracle we found his family and they arrived at my house the next day. While the boy was playing in our pool, his family came in and I was overwhelmed by the reunion. I mean, I cried hard in my dream. I held both my son and the other child and just cried. I'm surprised I didn't wake up in tears. 

So what does this mean, if anything? It truly breaks my heart to know that this happens way too often. I want my kids to be able to run to the corner store for snacks or to walk home with their friends, but the reality of our world seems too scary to allow that.  I just don't understand why people think they are entitled to take or abuse someone because they refuse to ignore a feeling.  How weak is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome