Monday, June 11, 2012

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

Today I had to leave work abruptly to take my son to the doctor.  He's fine, don't worry, but the reason for this post is what came to mind as we were leaving.  

He can usually handle buckling his own seatbelt, but for some reason he was struggling and asked for my assistance.  Seeing as how I'm a bit on the short side, there was no way I could reach him in the back seat so I hopped out and walked around to his side.  When I got to his door I discovered he locked the doors.  Now for the juicy stuff.

When my daughter was around this age, something similar happened.  My little brother and I were picking my older two kids up from school one rainy day.  I don't know all the specifics, but she ended up in the car while the rest of us were outside.  In the rain.  In the cold.  Anyway, she proceeded to buckle herself up with the keys in the car that was now locked!  So now, we're really stuck outside in the cold rain.

We start telling her to unbuckle herself and unlock the doors so we can go home.  Do you know this little chick looked at us with a straight face and said NO?  Yes she did!  She told us she was already buckled in her seat and she was not going to get out of it to unlock the door.  And she didn't! She sat her stubborn behind in that damn seat and watched us beg and plead with her to open the doors.  Luckily, I had been in an accident and the rear window (I had an suv) was broken, so my oldest son was able to climb in and unlock the doors.  And she just sat warm and comfy in her seat and watched it all go down.

I can laugh about it now, but I was pissed that evening! So back to Andy, him messing with the locks brought me down memory lane and I'm just glad he's not the stubborn type and promptly unlocked the door for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome