Thursday, May 17, 2012

THE POWER OF PEPPERMINT OIL

 Since I've been trying to make more things at home instead of paying for products with harsh chemicals, I've fallen in love with peppermint oil.  First off, I love the way it smells.  Second, it's a natural insect repellant, so I can put it on myself to avoid mosquitos, and I can put it on my dog as well! I've even read that people dilute it with water and spray it on their plants.  Third, it helps get rid of headaches.  Yes that works because I tried it myself as well as on someone else.  Your eyes might burn a little because it's so strong and you're rubbing it on your temples, but my migraine was gone and that's all that mattered.  Fourth, it helps with heartburn.  Hubby decided he wanted to be hardcore and eat some taco bell for dinner one night.  Keep in mind that he hadn't had that for about five years.  Yeah, the heartburn came quick.  Anyway, I told him to put a drop on his tongue and he actually listened.  Needless to say, the heartburn went away.  Fifth, it helps with back pain.  Yeah so I fell yesterday trying to stop my dog from attacking another dog and went down.  Don't laugh!  Anyway, I discovered I was injured after I sat down then stood back up last night. My back is killing me!  I decided to rub some oil on it just to try it out.  I thought I read somewhere that it helped with arthritis so I figured it couldn't hurt.  It works!  It wears off just like popping a pill would, but it got me through the day and there are no side effects like stomach bleeding and whatnot.  I LOVE THIS STUFF! This is now a staple in my household.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome