Sunday, November 28, 2010

WATER MARBLE NAIL DESIGN

 So I recently stumbled upon a nail design technique called water marble.  Some of the designs I saw were really cool on youtube.  I decided to give it a try on my daughter, who, surprisingly, was willing to let me experiment.  It was a lot harder than I thought it would be.  Seeing as how this was my first time trying, it doesn't look great, but I know with time it will get better! You pretty much use a container with room temperature water and drop multiple colors of polish into into, use a tooth pick and swirl it around, but the polish dries fast so you have to move quick, then dip your nail into the design, clear out the extra polish with a q-tip, then remove and voila, you have a design of some sort!






Sounds simple right? Well it's not! The first polishes I used were too thick! The next set wouldn't disperse evenly in the water, if at all! Then the polish was drying way too fast for me to mix it! Yeah, it was tough. Oh and if you notice the first two fingers are darker than the rest, I forgot to put white polish on first! SEE it's not so easy! Last thing, the design comes out better on longer nails. So hopefully I will get better at this because it seems like a lot can be done with this method!










Let me know what you guys think of my latest project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are always welcome