Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I WISH I KNEW ABOUT THIS SOONER

I  have come across some items recently that I wish I would have known about sooner. It might have made my life a little easier.  I guess now is better than later though, so I won't complain. Anyway, I felt like sharing what I discovered and hopefully someone out there will find these items useful as well.


1. THE COTTON FROM YOUR OTC MEDICINE - Yes that annoying cotton that some people keep in those containers after you open them and you go through a million pieces before you get to the pills that will get rid of that pulsating headache.  What is it good for? It is the best at removing nail polish. It's like the cotton in the nail shops. Just one piece of it can remove the polish from your whole hand no matter what color you are wearing. It's awesome!  You know you usually have to use like five cotton balls for three fingers? This is golden to me. So don't just throw it away anymore, put it to the side and use it to remove your nail polish. Trust me!


2. PEROXIDE- Ok so I discovered that peroxide removes stains, or what could potentially becomes stains from your carpet. I tried it when someone spilled fruit punch on my light colored carpet. I though there was no hope.  My aunt said use peroxide and I did, but I didn't use it properly. So the stain wasn't as bad as it could have been. My next attempt at stain removing was for blood, don't ask why I was removing blood from my carpet.  Anyway, this time I used it properly to remove the spots. When you pour the peroxide, it's going to bring the stain up, you have to kind of scoop it up. Do not dab it, or else it will put the stain right back into the carpet, that's what I did the first time. So no need to buy expensive stuff like resolve or whatnot, you can just buy a $1 bottle of peroxide. Oh and I've been told that it whitens your whites without turning them yellow like bleach does over time!


3.  A BIDET-  Yes that thing that cleans you after you use the restroom. I have have one and I love it! How can people live without it? It's great ladies when mother nature visits and just keeps you feeling fresh. My husband also uses it and I think it's a great tool for men, especially those lazy ones. You know, the ones with skid marks, yeah them, they need this to help them out a bit. Oh and it saves you some toilet tissue! Trust me!  My bidet is not a separate entity, it's connected to our regular toilet. It's so cool!


4.  APPLE CIDER VINEGAR- It's a great household cleaning agent. It's natural, no harsh chemicals and the bottle label tells you all of it's uses. It has been brought to my attention that it is also an excellent hair cleanser.  Apparently you need to mix 1 Tbs of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of warm water and just pour it over your hair. Be sure to rinse it out and use conditioner after. I haven't tried it yet, but my sister-in-law has and she says she loves it! Her hair feels squeaky clean and soft. I plan on trying it soon since the sulfate in regular shampoos irritate my scalp and cause occasional sores. Sound torturous huh? Yeah this is why I'm trying to find alternative ways to maintain my house and myself. 


Hmmmm, that's all I can think of for now. Feel free to share any ideas. I love hearing about new things!

3 comments:

  1. Good info Holly...keep up the good writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how the vinegar would work on relaxed hair. I know you and your sis in law are natural

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danyell said she saw women with relaxed hair using it too! Just be sure to condition it after.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are always welcome